SCHEDULE RELATING TO ADMINISTRATION OF EXECUTRY ESTATES :-
- LEGAL CHARGES
All work carried out in relation to the administration of an executry estate will be charged in accordance with the charges for General Business (see separate schedule relating to General Business).
In addition to this, the following will also be charged:-
- COMMISSION ON THE COLLECTION OF REVENUE –
- i) Interest and Dividends on Stocks and Shares collected by us –
Up to £1,000 – 5%
On the next £4,000 – 3.5%
On the balance over £5,000 – 2%
- ii) Feu duties, ground annuals, interest on heritable securities and other miscellaneous and periodic payments –
Not exceeding 10% of the actual amount received.
- COMMISSION ON CAPITAL TRANSACTIONS –
- i) Realising Capital for any purpose other than re-investment for the same client:
- a) Money forming part of the original estate uplifted from banks or building societies –
On each payment up to £30,000 – 1%
On the balance over £30,000 – 0.50%
- a) Policies of assurance not exceeding 1% (sliding scale as above)
- b) Conveyance of heritable property not sold on open market–
1% of value, minimum 27.5 units
- c) Stock, shares and other securities realisable on the Stock Exchange –
(i) On the first £30,000 of each sum – 1.5%
(ii) On the next £30,000 of each sum – 1%
(iii) On the balance over £60,000 – 0.75%
- d) Other stocks, shares and securities not realisable on the Stock Exchange and interest on private partnership – 1% to 5%
- e) Miscellaneous property – 1% to 7.5%
- f) Bonds, heritable and moveable – 0.5%
- g) National Savings – 1%
- ii) Investing or re-investing Capital –
On the first £30,000 – 0.75%
On the next £30,000 – 0.50%
On the balance over £60,000 – 0.25%
Where securities or other assets in executry estates are not realised but are transferred to beneficiaries direct – 0.25% to 1.5% on the total transfer value.
- THIRD PARTY OUTLAYS
The following third party outlays may be payable, depending on the circumstances of the estate-
- Sheriff Clerk : Dues of registering original Will or other relevant deeds – £20 for each document
Dues of Confirmation – estate up to £50,000 – no fee
estate between £50,000.01 and £250,000 – £261
estate exceeding £250,000 – £522
Certificates of Confirmation – £8 per certificate
- Bond of Caution premium – fixed by the insurance company according to the circumstances of the estate. Currently minimum of £270 (intestate or partially intestate estates only).
Note: These outlays are set by the Sheriff Court and the insurance company and are subject to change from time to time.